Interview Skills session Objective
- Interview – Introduction
- Interview Preparation
- Interview Evaluation
- Body Language & Appearance
- Dos & Don’ts
- Important Questions
- A structured meeting of minimum two people.
- Arranged to examine the suitability of the candidate
- The candidate is tested for subject knowledge, skills and desired behavior in a very limited time
Types of Interviews
- Panel Interview
- Face-to-Face Interview
- Review your CV/ application
- Know yourself and be able to articulate skills, strengths, accomplishments, and career goals
- Know the institute or organization.
- Aware of general environment by reading newspapers & magazines.
Interview Evaluation is based on your:
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
- General Ability
- Leaning forward = interest
- Smiling = friendly
- Nodding = attentive and alert
- Eye contact = curious and focused
- Crossed arms = defensive
- Fidgeting hands or tapping feet = nervous or bored
- Lack of eye contact = untrustworthy
- Leaning back = discomfort
- Dress formally and well groomed You will never get a second chance to make a good impression
- Wear something that make you feel comfortable
- Use simple accessories like simple jewelry, watches, ties, etc
Why I got Rejected?
- Vague and irrelevant answers to the questions
- Bad Body Language : little eye contact; nervous mannerism, such as playing with hair, nail biting etc.
- Tell us about yourself?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why we should select you?
- General Knowledge Questions!